Christina is a Senior Counselling Psychologist, Clinical Supervisor and and a trainer-in-training of Emotion Focused Therapy. She is a visiting lecturer at the Doctorate of Counselling Psychology at Glasgow Caledonian University Scotland from which she holds her doctorate.
Christina is the founder and director of the Cyprus Institute for Emotion Focused Therapy. She is passionate about therapy and at CiEFT she splits her time in between seeing clients, supervising mental health professionals or facilitating EFT trainings all over the world with prof Robert Elliott, prof Jeanne Watson, Julliette Becking and others. She has co-facilitated trainings in Europe, the USA, Iran, the UK and Cyprus.
Before she moved to Cyprus in 2018, Christina worked for 7 years in Scotland with a wide range of mental health difficulties and she was also an Associate Lecturer for the Doctorate in Counselling Psychology for 4 years.
- Greek (native)
- English (fluent)
Christina received her degree in Psychology at the University of Cyprus and her Doctorate in Counselling Psychology at Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) and Strathclyde University in Scotland. After her doctorate, Christina specialized in Emotion Focused Therapy in Glasgow, trained by Robert Elliott, Les Greenberg and Lorna Carrick. Christina is an accredited Supervisor and Trainer in Emotion Focused Therapy.
Christina’s memberships and affiliations
- Visiting Lecturer at Glasgow Caledonian University, Doctorate of Counselling Psychology
- Associate Trainer at the International Emotion Focused Therapy for Emotion Focused Therapy
- Associate supervisor at the Iranian Institute of Emotion Focused Therapy
- Appointed Panel Member of the Mental Health Tribunal (Cyprus)
- Co-founder of the Division of Counselling Psychology Cyprus
- Member the British Psychological Society
- Health and Care Professions Council member
- Member of the Society for the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration
- Member of the Empowering Emotion Focused Therapy in Europe
Christina has published in the areas of posttraumatic growth, bereavement and goals in psychotherapy. Christina has reviewed the most Robert’s and Les’s most recent book Emotion-focused counselling in action.